- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Summer Worship Schedule: 9 a.m. Memorial Day to Labor dayChildcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- Beginning Sunday, May 24, we will offer a 9:00 a.m. worship service on Sunday mornings through the summer months. We will return to the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. worship schedule in the Fall.
- Opportunities abound for youth and adults to take part in Vacation Bible School 2015! To view a list of volunteer opportunities and sign up, visit our online Volunteer Registration Form. Please be praying about how you can be involved in VBS. It’s a great way to impact our church, our community and share God’s love!
- Kids will zoom through God’s Word and back in time with us as we discover God’s everlasting love! Find out how God’s love makes a difference in every story, at every time - including your story right now! Children ages 3 - 5th grade (Fall 2015) can register to be assigned to a class. CLICK HERE to register online for VBS. Sixth graders through adults are encouraged to register as volunteers. We look forward to seeing you at VBS!
- The Simply Giving® Program is an automated stewardship program that helps members live generously. It's a convenient, safe and simple way for individuals to make automatic payments to nonprofit organizations through electronic funds transfer (EFT) directly from checking or savings accounts. Thrivent Federal Credit Union has contracted with industry leader Vanco Payment Solutions to provide electronic payment processing services at reduced rates – so your generosity goes further. If you would like to sign up to use Simply Giving at St. Peter, download and complete the registration form.
Join us in the Sanctuary after worship July 26 (about 10:20 a.m.) for discussion around welcoming young children to worship. This is an event for parents, children, grandparents and caregivers. During our time we will: Teach children that they are valued, loved and supported as members of the worshiping faith community, Encourage children to feel at home in the worship space, Support parents and caregivers in worshiping with their child, Reinforce the importance of a child’s presence in worship as a critical aspect of faith formation for the entire congregation, Equip families to nurture a child’s faith in daily life-because home is church, too. Please RSVP to Sonja Gerstenberger by email or call 515-986-3077 by July 20th so we can prepare materials and a space for your family.
We are just one month away from the National Youth Gathering! Check our our newest blog reflecting on our preparations and call to be present with the people of Detroit while we are there! June 17 Reflection -- One Month to Go!Curious about what the youth will experience while in Detroit? Check out the following videos which describe how we will Proclaim Justice (Thursday), Proclaim Story (Friday) and Proclaim Community (Saturday) Visit the blog and check out these YouTube videos as you Journey with Us! Thank you for your continued generous support of the St. Peter youth!
- Orders are now being taken for newly designed t-shirts,sweatshirts and polos. Many sizes and colors are available. Download a copy for the order form to submit your order. Complete and return the form with check attached and made out to St Peter Lutheran to the church office. Orders submitted by April 29 have been placed, but we will continue to take additional orders. Please contact Kim Raudabaugh 515-707-0747 or Sue Dooley 515-201-7077 with questions.
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. Current email recipients will receive the eNews automatically. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.
- St. Peter Lutheran is looking for a second nursery attendant on Sunday mornings. The nursery is open for families of young children from 7:45-11:45 a.m. each Sunday. If someone is only interested in working for one service we might be able to find a second attendant for each of the services. See the Nursery Job Description for additional details about the position. Those interested in applying should complete the Job Application and return it to the church office. Please contact the church office by email or call 515-986-3077 with questions.