- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Summer Worship Schedule: 9 a.m. Memorial Day to Labor dayChildcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- Everyone is invited to join WELCA on Wednesday, June 17 in the Fellowship Hall for a showing of "The Goonies". Doors open at 6:45 p.m. "The Goonies" is a PG family adventure, and we would love for you to join us. WELCA will provide popcorn, please bring a blanket to sit on, and your own beverage with a lid. See you at the movies!
- Beginning this Sunday, May 24, we will offer a 9:00 a.m. worship service on Sunday mornings through the summer months. We will return to the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. worship schedule in the Fall.
Learn about the Proclaim Community Day! Visit the blog and check out this YouTube video as you Journey with Us! Thank you for your continued generous support of the St. Peter youth!
- Bible Blast to the Past: July 6-10, 2015 Kids will zoom through God’s Word and back in time with us as we discover God’s everlasting love! Find out how God’s love makes a difference in every story, at every time - including your story right now! This year we will be offering online registration for VBS. CLICK HERE to register online for VBS. We look forward to seeing you at VBS!
Pastor Mark will be holding a two-session New Member Class on Sundays, May 31 and June 7 from 10:15-11:15 a.m. for those who are interested in becoming members of St. Peter Lutheran. Nursery will be provided during the two sessions. New members will be welcomed into our church family on Sunday, June 14. If you are interested in attending the classes please contact the church office by email or at 515-986-3077.
- The Youth Group and Youth Group parents will provide childcare June 6 from 5-9 p.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church as a Youth Group fundraising event. We will start with games, have dinner and wrap up the evening with a movie. All ages welcome. There will be a free will donation for babysitting, $40 suggested donation per family. All proceeds will help fund the youth trip in July 2015 to the National Youth Gathering in Detroit, Michigan. Register now!
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. Current email recipients will receive the eNews automatically. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.
The Spring 2015 issue of Mission Link, a quarterly publication that highlights the ministry programs and resources available to congregations and individuals in the Southeastern Iowa Synod, is now available.In this issue: A Global Church....Leb by the Spirit, "The Commission for Global Relations of the Southeastern Iowa Synod is committed to this synod’s engagement in God’s mission to the whole world."
- St. Peter Lutheran is looking for a second nursery attendant on Sunday mornings. The nursery is open for families of young children from 7:45-11:45 a.m. each Sunday. If someone is only interested in working for one service we might be able to find a second attendant for each of the services. See the Nursery Job Description for additional details about the position. Those interested in applying should complete the Job Application and return it to the church office. Please contact the church office by email or call 515-986-3077 with questions.