- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m.Childcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- John Duane Bodermann, 84, passed away at Fountain West Health Care Center on Saturday, November 22, 2014. Visitation will be 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 25 at Iles Brandt Chapel in Dallas Center. Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 26, at the St. Peter Lutheran Church in Grimes with burial to follow at Sunny Hill Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be directed to St. Peter Lutheran church in Grimes, of which John was a member for 36 years. Faith and family were very important to John.
- The church hallways will be painted Sunday November 30. Please consider giving an hour or two of your time ... many hands make light work! We are hoping to have enough people to complete the painting as the new carpet installation will begin December 1. Painting in the hallways will begin after 10:30 worship November 30. Once the carpet installation is complete, volunteers will be needed December 13 to help paint the kitchen, bathrooms and offices. Contact the church office to volunteer.
Need some time to do some Christmas shopping without curious eyes? Or just a kid-free afternoon? The Youth Group and Youth Group parents will provide childcare December 7 from 1-6 p.m. as a Youth Group fundraising event. We will provide a snack, dinner at 5 pm, and other activities throughout the afternoon. The kids can decorate Christmas cookies, make a Christmas craft, watch the movie Frozen, color, play Wii bowling and more. All ages welcome. There will be a free will donation for babysitting, $30 suggested per family. Complete the online registration form to register, or if you are not able, call the church office.
Bishop Burke will visit St. Peter December 7 and will discuss our shared ministry in the local synod the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. On December 14 and 22 Pastor Mark will Lead sessions of The Greatest Story: Jesus. December 14 will be “Who is Jesus” and December 22 will be “God is with us.”A Sunday School class for adults is held each Sunday at 9:15 a.m. in the Gathering Room (take the west hall all the way to the corner; the Gathering Room is the first room on the right after you turn the corner - in the former Junior High Room). All are welcome! If you are interested in Adult Sunday School but have small children who are not yet in Sunday School, nursery is available for children 0-3 in the first room in the west hall.
- The Sunday School will present their Christmas program in the St. Peter Lutheran Sanctuary at 3 p.m. Kids with speaking roles are asked to arrive arrive at 2:00 p.m. All other children are asked to arrive by 2:30.
- Join the Youth Group to visit homebound members with Christmas Carols and Cookies! All members of the congregation are invited to join the Youth Group as they visit our homebound members with the gift of Christmas Carols and Cookies! Those wishing to participate are asked to arrive at the church at 5 p.m. December 14 to (a change from 5:30 p.m. as advertised in the Voice). Carolers will return to the Fellowship Hall for a chili supper when they are done caroling.
- We have been thrilled to offer the Creation Station for youth to connect the Gospel with a hands-on activity during the Sermon. We have had as many as 40 youth participate on a Sunday. In order to continue to offer this opportunity, we would like to extend an invitation for adults who love kids to sign up ahead of time to lead the activity. All materials will be provided, and we have a great group of older elementary, Junior High and Senior High youth who are willing to help. If you would like to experience the fun of helping kids make faith connections, contact Sonja Gerstenberger or call the church office (515-986-3077). You don't need to be able to help every Sunday but could sign up to be added to the list of volunteers. Once you have signed up to be a Helper, a signup calendar via Volunteer Spot will be emailed to you so you can sign up for specific dates that work for you.