- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Summer Worship Schedule: 9 a.m. Memorial Day to Labor dayChildcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
Well Walk Sunday, October 4
Last Sunday, kids brought home a "water cup" that they can fill with change/dollars and bring back to church over the next 2 weeks to support ELCA Walk for Water project, which provides clean water to those in need. This Sunday at 9:15 a.m. kids will start in the sanctuary with their classes and then take a short "Well Walk" with their class before returning to their classrooms. The community of faith at St. Peter is welcome to join us on this walk.
Sunday School is held each Sunday from 9:15-10:15. Children who turn 3 by September 15 through high school are able to attend Sunday School. All classes (except Jr. High and High School) will start in the Sanctuary. Three-year-olds through Kindergarteners will end their morning in their classrooms while 1st-4th Graders will end Sunday School in the Sanctuary.
- If you need some help with outdoor projects, the members of St. Peter are ready to help! A work team will come to your home between 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 25 to help with your projects. Please contact the church office by email or call 515-986-3077 and you will be put on the work list. When you call we will take down your name, address, and phone number as well as the chores you need taken care of. Give us a call! We would love to help you!
Bring your children in costume to the 4th annual Trunk or Treat event at St. Peter Lutheran on Sunday, October 18 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Cars will be lined up in the parking lot with their trunks decorated for Halloween and filled with goodies! (In case of rain the event will be held in Fellowship Hall.) St. Peter Lutheran reusable bags will be given to all who attend to collect your treats! The kids will also be able to enjoy a jump-house and fun games such as ducks, plinko, and football throw. Invite your neighbors to join us for this fun fall event!
3rd Grade Students and their Parents are invited to join Pastor Mark on Sunday, October 18 during the Sunday School hour for First Communion Instruction Class. The class will be held in Fellowship Hall from 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. The students will be able to receive their First Communion on Sunday, October 25. They will be recognized at both worship services on October 25 so families may attend the service of their choice.
- Welcome, moms of small children! Grimes Community Moms' Group offers a chance to connect with other moms in a faith-based environment. Meetings are held in the St. Peter library and include a devotion and fellowship time with other moms. We offer two meeting times: daytime meetings on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 9 - 11 am (childcare provided), or evening meetings on the 3rd Monday of the month from 7:30 - 9:00 pm. We also offer scheduled social activities for moms and kids. We'd love to have you join us! Feel free to contact our Mom's Group Chair with questions, or you can register online now!
- Lauri Rouse is stepping down as St. Peter's Nursery Coordinator. We thank Lauri for her four years of service in this essential volunteer role! St. Peter is seeking individuals interested in serving as Nursery Coordinator. Responsibilities include managing paid workers, filling volunteer needs, and organizing nursery supplies and information. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the church office.
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. Current email recipients will receive the eNews automatically. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.