- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m.Childcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- Join us Sunday, May 10 for an end of the year Sunday School Carnival. Following the carnival the 3 year-olds- 6th graders are singing at the 10:30 service . We look forward to a great time to gather together as we celebrate the end of the Sunday school year.
- Do you have pre-teens or teenagers in your home? If so, please join us Tuesdays April 14 and 21 from 6:30-8 p.m. at St. Peter Lutheran for a chance to connect with other parents of teenagers. We will view brief selections from Tiger McLuen's "Raising Right Side Up Kids in an Upside Down World." McCluen is the President of Youth Leadership, an instructor at Bethel Seminary and most importantly, a father who has made his way through the teenage years. McCluen offers a personable, relatable, and honest perspective on parenting teenagers.
- The Youth will be participating in the Grimes City-Wide Garage Sale again this year, which will be held Saturday, May 9, 2105. All are invited to drop off items to donate to the sale beginning the week of April 26. Proceeds from the sale will be used for the National Youth Gathering trip in July 2015. Please contact Tim Schiller or Sonja Gerstenberger to arrange a time to drop off your items.
- The Youth Group and Youth Group parents will provide childcare June 6 from 5-9 p.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church as a Youth Group fundraising event. We will start with games, have dinner and wrap up the evening with a movie. All ages welcome. There will be a free will donation for babysitting, $40 suggested donation per family. All proceeds will help fund the youth trip in July 2015 to the National Youth Gathering in Detroit, Michigan. Register now!
- Bible Blast to the Past: July 6-10, 2015 Kids will zoom through God’s Word and back in time with us as we discover God’s everlasting love! Find out how God’s love makes a difference in every story, at every time - including your story right now! This year we will be offering online registration for VBS. We hope that this will make registration and the assigning of kids to groups an easier and more efficient process. We will let you know as soon as the online registration is open. We hope to start accepting registrations by May 1st. Please continue to watch the bulletin, eNews, facebook and your email for more information.
- An informational meeting will be held April 26 during the Sunday School hour for youth who will be heading to 7th grade in the fall 2015 and their parents. We look forward to welcoming your family into our small groups and our hearts and would like to provide some information about our ministry as you prepare for this important step. We will talk about the registration process, overview general content for next year and participate in a preview of how our classes are structured. Those participating in Confirmation in 2015-16 are asked to complete the online Registration Form.
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. Current email recipients will receive the eNews automatically. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.
The Spring 2015 issue of Mission Link, a quarterly publication that highlights the ministry programs and resources available to congregations and individuals in the Southeastern Iowa Synod, is now available.In this issue: A Global Church....Leb by the Spirit, "The Commission for Global Relations of the Southeastern Iowa Synod is committed to this synod’s engagement in God’s mission to the whole world."
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) will provide assistance for survivors of the tornadoes and storms that devastated portions of northern Illinois April 9. In partnership with Lutheran Disaster Response, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois and the ELCA Northern Illinois Synod, the group has created a “Tornado Relief Fund” to be administered through Lutheran Social Services of Illinois.
The areas affected include Lee, Ogle, DeKalb, Winnebago, Boone and McHenry counties in Illinois.“The tornados did great damage in communities that are a significant part of our synod,” the Rev. Gary Wollersheim, bishop of the ELCA Northern Illinois Synod, wrote in an April 10 pastoral letter to members of the synod. “We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed.” See more...
- St. Peter Lutheran is looking for a second nursery attendant on Sunday mornings. The nursery is open for families of young children from 7:45-11:45 a.m. each Sunday. If someone is only interested in working for one service we might be able to find a second attendant for each of the services. See the Nursery Job Description for additional details about the position. Those interested in applying should complete the Job Application and return it to the church office. Please contact the church office by email or call 515-986-3077 with questions.