- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Summer Worship Schedule: 9 a.m. Memorial Day to Labor dayChildcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- St. Peter will return to the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. worship schedule on September 13.
The first day of Sunday School is Sunday, September 13 from 9:15-10:15. Children who turn 3 by September 15 through high school are able to attend Sunday School. All classes (except Jr. High and High School) will start in the Sanctuary. Three-year-olds through Kindergarteners will end their morning in their classrooms while 1st-4th Graders will end Sunday School in the Sanctuary.
- Online registration will be available August 30.
- Parents of 3-Year-Olds - 3-year-olds will receive their Bibles on Sunday, September 13. Please plan to attend this Sunday with your child.
- Parents of Kindergarteners - Kindergarten students will receive a Bible on Sunday, September 13. Please plan to attend this Sunday with your child.
- Welcome, moms of small children! Grimes Community Moms' Group offers a chance to connect with other moms in a faith-based environment. Meetings are held in the St. Peter library and include a devotion and fellowship time with other moms. We offer two meeting times: daytime meetings on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 9 - 11 am (childcare provided), or evening meetings on the 3rd Monday of the month from 7:30 - 9:00 pm. We also offer scheduled social activities for moms and kids. We'd love to have you join us! Feel free to contact our Mom's Group Chair with questions, or you can register online now!
- Lauri Rouse is stepping down as St. Peter's Nursery Coordinator. We thank Lauri for her four years of service in this essential volunteer role! St. Peter is seeking individuals interested in serving as Nursery Coordinator. Responsibilities include managing paid workers, filling volunteer needs, and organizing nursery supplies and information. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the church office.
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. Current email recipients will receive the eNews automatically. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.
- St. Peter Lutheran is looking for a second nursery attendant on Sunday mornings. The nursery is open for families of young children from 7:45-11:45 a.m. each Sunday. If someone is only interested in working for one service we might be able to find a second attendant for each of the services. See the Nursery Job Description for additional details about the position. Those interested in applying should complete the Job Application and return it to the church office. Please contact the church office by email or call 515-986-3077 with questions.