- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m. Childcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- The Youth Group Mission Trip Participants will be offering an afternoon of babysitting on Sunday, December 6 from 2-6 p.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church as a Youth Group fundraising event. We will play games, watch movies, and have dinner. All ages welcome. There will be a free will donation for babysitting, $40 suggested donation per family. All proceeds will help fund the youth group mission trip in July 2016 to Blue Knob, Pennsylvania. Sign up for babysitting December 6 here.
- All are invited to join us for an offering of music and reflection. “REIMAGINED”, a Christmas cantata will performed by the St. Peter adult choir during both services on Sunday, December 13. Imagine a world where you only know peace, love, and joy - a world where baby Jesus rescues you from the frenzy. We all need a little rescue from the chaos and the noise. You will recognize many of the familiar songs that will be sung, but with a twist. Don’t miss this heartwarming experience, as it will give you comfort and joy and realize that in Christ, all is well.
Join us for a joyous Christmas Eve worship service! We hope you will invite your family and friends to join us at St. Peter Lutheran as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We look forward to singing our favorite Christmas carols and holding a lighted candle while we join in singing "Silent Night".Worship service times will be held at 4 p.m., 6 p.m., and 9 p.m. Holy Communion will be served at all three services."O Come let us adore Him . . . Christ the Lord".
Sunday School is held each Sunday from 9:15-10:15. Children who turn 3 by September 15 through high school are able to attend Sunday School. All classes (except Jr. High and High School) will start in the Sanctuary. Three-year-olds through Kindergarteners will end their morning in their classrooms while 1st-4th Graders will end Sunday School in the Sanctuary.
- Welcome, moms of small children! Grimes Community Moms' Group offers a chance to connect with other moms in a faith-based environment. Meetings are held in the St. Peter library and include a devotion and fellowship time with other moms. We offer two meeting times: daytime meetings on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 9 - 11 am (childcare provided), or evening meetings on the 3rd Monday of the month from 7:30 - 9:00 pm. We also offer scheduled social activities for moms and kids. We'd love to have you join us! Feel free to contact our Mom's Group Chair with questions, or you can register online now!
- St. Peter has expanded our online giving options through Thrivent's Simply Giving Program to include one-time giving and to enable members to set up their own recurring donations through a secure online form. Just click on the Give Online! link at the top of the page on the right. Or, click on this link to go directly to the online giving page. The Simply Giving® Program is an automated stewardship program that helps members live generously. It's a convenient, safe and simple way for individuals to make automatic payments to nonprofit organizations through electronic funds transfer (EFT) directly from checking or savings accounts. Thrivent Federal Credit Union has contracted with industry leader Vanco Payment Solutions to provide electronic payment processing services at reduced rates – so your generosity goes further. If you prefer to sign up by submitting a paper request, either pick up a form in the church office or download and complete the registration form, and return your completed form to the church office.
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. Current email recipients will receive the eNews automatically. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.