- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m.Childcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
- In order to provide consistency of appearance, St. Peter Lutheran is transitioning to producing the eNews using Constant Contact. We have a 60 day trial to see if we like how it works. Current email recipients are receiving this as a forwarded email from now until March 15. After March 15 only those who have subscribed will receive the newsletter. To subscribe, go to our subscription form and provide your name and email address.
- The 2014 Annual Report will be available to pick up on Sunday, January 25. A version including written committee and staff reports is available online: 2014 Annual Report St. Peter will hold a Budget Review Meeting in the Sanctuary Sunday, February 1, following the 10:30 a.m. service, to answer any questions about the 2015 budget. The 2015 budget and other business items will be voted on at the Semi-Annual Congregational Meeting, which will be held following the 10:30 a.m. service Sunday, February 8. Nursery will be provided for the Semi-Annual Meeting.
- The evening Moms' Group will meet the second Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Library at St. Peter to connect with one another and share in a devotion and prayer. If you are interested in trying out Moms' Group, contact the church office for more information about either the evening or morning Moms' Group.
- There will be an Early-Bird Preschool Registration Event held on Monday, February 16 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. for Small Miracles Preschool. This is another opportunity to meet the teachers, register your 3 year old for the 2015-16 school year and fill out the necessary paper work. If you have questions please call our preschool director, Jeannie Staton at 515-249-3035 or the church office at 515-986-3077. Find out more about Small Miracles Preschool.
- Small groups will be formed in the next month so that they are in place when we kick off Lent with Ash Wednesday February 18. Small groups can meet over dinner during the Lenten Suppers or can choose another time during the week to meet. Weekly study materials will be provided to give points for reflection, but the main purpose will be to connect and grow in relationship with one another. Sign up by completing the form here.
- Grimes Hunger Fight is a Meals from the Heartland event to be held in Grimes on Saturday, February 21 at the Grimes United Methodist Church from 9 am to noon. Join your friends and neighbors as we come together to fight hunger locally and on a global scale! To volunteer visit our online Volunteer Spot signup, or for more information email the church office. To donate funds for the meals, you can make the check out to Meals from the Heartland with Grimes Hunger Fight in the memo and drop it in the offering plate or at the church office.
The community of St. Peter is invited to Journey With Us to the National Youth Gathering in Detroit by sponsoring one youth for one day of his/her journey. Youth will post blogs on the St. Peter website to share their experiences before, during and after the Gathering. When we return, we will celebrate together. Sponsorship packets and directions are located on cabinet on the east wall of Fellowship Hall. You won't regret your decision to Journey With Us! Thank you for your continued generous support of the St. Peter youth!
- Sixth through 8th grade youth are invited to participate in Confest Sunday, February 8 from 1- 6p.m. at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Ankeny with dinner provided. Sonja Gerstenberger, Director of Faith Formation, will be helping to facilitate the event, and Tim Schiller, Youth Coordinator, will accompany the group from St. Peter. There is a $10 registration fee that covers the cost of dinner and materials.To sign up, email Sonja Gestenberger.
- ELCA students who attend Grand View University are eligible to apply for The Philip L. Hougen Campus Ministries Scholarship. Established in honor of former ELCA Southeast Iowa Synod Bishop Philip L. Hougen, this scholarship, awarded to two applicants from ELCA congregations who express intention to participate regularly in Grand View campus ministry, may provide between $500 and $1,500 toward a student's education. Applications are due by February 1, 2015 and can be found online.
- Your Time and Talent Survey ... You filled it out, but forgot it at home ... Or brought it to church but it got lost in the shuffle of after-Sunday-School paperwork ... Or, It is sitting in the pile of "to deal with" paperwork on your kitchen counter-top. Never FEAR! Just go to our online Time and Talent Survey and give two minutes of your time to tell St. Peter all the ways we can help you connect in ministry in the next year. We need you, and all the amazing gifts of God you bring to the community, but we will never know what those are if you don't tell us. One click. Two minutes. DONE!