- Sunday Morning at 8 and 10:30 a.m.Childcare is provided at both services.
Worship is central to who we are as God's people.
Our worship services are filled with uplifting music, gospel-centric preaching, and Christ's presence in Holy Communion.
We hope you join us this weekend!
What We Believe
Saint Peter Lutheran Church is a church of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We believe in one God who comes to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in God as our creator, and as one who cares for us as a parent would a child. We believe God has shown his love for us in becoming human in Jesus Christ. We believe through Jesus' death and resurrection we are given life, hope and salvation. We believe God continues to be with us, active in our lives and in the world through the Holy Spirit.
CALLED as children of God, and CLAIMED by the Holy Spirit, the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church are GATHERED together to build each other up to use and GROW our gifts in the multitude of ministries we share – and are SENT out to serve the greater church, our community, and our world by using those gifts and ministries to share God’s love as the united people of God.
Each Sunday School class will sponsor a basket to be sold at the WELCA Silent Auction November 16. Students are asked to bring their donated items to church by November 2 so the baskets can be prepared for the auction. Basket plans for each class are listed below. Contact the class teachers for specific details.
- 3 year olds- Snacks
- 4 year olds- Rainy Day/ Indoor Activities
- Kindergarten- Ice Cream Basket
- 1st and 2nd grade-Celebration/ Party theme basket
- 3rd grade- Gift cards
- 4th grade- DCG/ Red and White
- 5th and 6th grade- ( 2 baskets ) Snacks and Cookie Ingredient Basket
- 7th and 8th grade- Soul building basket
- High School- Gift cards
Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp will be holding their Recharge weekends for youth in grades 4-12 in October and November. A Recharge is a super fun weekend event at Riverside during the fall that is like a whole week of camp smashed into 40 hours! Chapel, Bible study, large group games, freetime, camp store, God time, awesome counselors! Find out more about the programming on Riverside's website or download a registration form!
Recharge Dates Are:
- October 24-26 Juniors (Grades 4-6)
- November 7-9 Junior High (Grades 6-9)
- November 14-16 Junior High (Grades 6-9)
- November 21-23 Senior High (Grades 9-12)
- Come join us on Sunday, November 2 for a time of fellowship as we help our neighbors. We will break into work teams after the 8:00 a.m. worship service and be dispatched into the community to help those who signed up for a little fall clean-up help. All ages are welcome! Tasks will include outdoor chores, such as raking, cleaning gardens and flower beds, cleaning out eaves from houses and garages, and cleaning outside windows. We will come back to the church around 12:30 p.m. to enjoy a wonderful lunch hosted by Joan Warren. Come as a family or individual to help! It will be a great time and you will feel great giving back and helping your neighbors. Contact the church office (515-986-3077) if you plan to join a work team that day.
- Your favorite college teams will once again be competing in the Food Pantry Team Challenge during the month of October. Bins for Iowa and Iowa State will be provided. If you are a fan of another college team, you can sponsor your team by decorating an empty bin. Any non-perishable food, paper product, or personal care item will count as one point for your team. Show your team spirit as you help your neighbors in need! Who will be the winner this year?
- St. Peter Lutheran will be hiring two Nursery Workers, 19 years of age or older, to work in our church nursery each Sunday from 7:45 – 11:45 a.m. If you are interested in applying for the position you can contact the church office at 515-986-3077 or by email for a job description and application.
- October’s Adult Sunday School sessions will use the Animate: Practices curriculum. Practices is an adult introduction to the central practices of the Christian faith. Sessions feature videos with perspectives from Christian thought leaders on topics such as prayer, worship, money, service, and community. The sessions pose questions people really have and then encourages participants to respond. Check out Animate: Practices!
- Saint Peter hosts a meal and fellowship, typically held the fourth Thursday of the month (see the church calendar for specific dates). All meals are served at noon at the church. A $3.00/donation will cover the cost per person. The October meal will be a Baked Potato Bar! Please RSVP to the church office by Friday of the week before. (Menu may change without notice).