October Voice Message
by Sonja G
“Live Generously” is the theme for stewardship season this year. We’ve talked about the numerous ways that we live lives of generosity that reflect the generosity of God. God richly and abundantly provides for our personal needs of food, clothing, shelter and community. God also graciously provides for the needs of the church.
God provides for the needs of the church through people like you. For 133 years people like you have been giving financially to support the mission of the church. For 133 years people like you have been giving of their time and talents to further the mission of the church. For 133 years St. Peter has been a beacon of hope for the Good News of the Gospel being shared in the community and world. What began as a small gathering of people for the fellowship of the Gospel has grown to several hundred united in the mission of hearing and sharing the love of God in Christ Jesus. This has all been possible because God has inspired people like you to “live generously.”
Thanks to the generosity of people like you over the years the mission continues to expand:
- Youth mission trip had nearly 50 youth, and they all came back so fired up that they began meeting together every Sunday rather than twice a month.
- We heard the need for good before and after school care in Grimes. St. Peter had the space and experienced before/after school director already in our preschool, so St. Peter took that on as a ministry to the community.
- Confirmation ministry has been growing each year. Students are inviting friends, and the ministry expands.
- New worship on Wednesday nights at 6:30 pm has begun with great success thus far.
- Children and adults continue to fill, overflow in some cases, the classrooms for Sunday school.
This growing and expanding of ministries is all possible because of people like you. Thank you for your generosity. This continued growing and expanding of ministries also means the need for greater resources. Next year’s annual budget will increase, as well as the need for more volunteers sharing their time and talent. The need for more resources is good news, as it means we are reaching more people with the Good News of the Gospel.
Please take time to prayerfully consider how you can “live generously” supporting St. Peter ministries when it comes time for us to commit together on October 8th. If you haven’t filled out a pledge card in the past I encourage you to fill one out this year. If you have pledged before I encourage you to consider increasing the amount this year. Your generosity is needed for the vital ministry we share in the name of Jesus.
Bambi and I will be committing ourselves right beside you on October 8th to “live generously” supporting the mission and ministry of St. Peter. We are thankful to be with St. Peter, and are excited about what God is doing here.
An electronic version of the Voice can be found here.